When you use our services, Fort Resort Beemster processes your personal data.
Below you will find an overview of the personal data we process:
- Name and surname
- Telephone number
- Email address
- Details on the services that have been provided or shall be provided in the future
- Details about your activities on our website
- IP address
- Internet browser and device type
- Credit-card details for banqueting and hotel bookings (limited access)
Fort Resort Beemster does not collect any specific and/or sensitive personal details.
Why do we need your details?
Fort Resort Beemster processes personal details for the following purposes:
- to process your payment (the actual payment is made only after the services have been provided)
- to block a deposit for the services we provide to you
- to send you our online newsletters, keeping you up to date on the latest developments and news
- to show you targeted marketing campaigns
- to contact you if anything changes in any services you may purchase
- to inform the emergency services if an accident should occur at our wellness resort
- to offer you the possibility of creating an account, which gives you easier access to our services
- Fort Resort Beemster also processes personal details when legally obliged to do so, e.g. details we need for our tax returns
- to process job applications
How long do we store your data?
Fort Resort Beemster does not store your personal details for longer than strictly required. For tax obligations, the minimum storage period for data related to purchased services/products is 12 years. Cookies are stored for a maximum of 26 months.
Do we share your data with third parties?
Fort Resort Beemster shares your personal details with external parties and with companies we have a data processing agreement with only when legally obliged to do so. An example is the company that processes our bookings. We have a data processing agreement with companies that process your data to ensure we guarantee the same level of security and confidentiality. Fort Beemster remains responsible for the processing of this data.
A better user experience on our website
Fort Resort Beemster uses functional, analytical and marketing cookies. A cookie is a small text file that is stored on your computer, tablet or smartphone when you first visit our website. The cookies we use are required for the technical operation of the website and to improve your user experience. They ensure the website works properly and store your preferences, among others. They also allow us to improve our website. You can disable the storage of cookies in your browser settings. Moreover, you can delete all information previously stored in this manner via your browser settings.
How to access, amend or delete your data
Should you wish to access, amend or delete your details, please send us an e-mail at firstname.lastname@example.org. To make sure you are the person submitting the request, we kindly ask you to send along a copy of your identity card. Please black out the passport photo; the MRZ (machine-readable zone, i.e. the number sequence at the bottom of your passport), your passport number and your citizen service number to protect your privacy. Fort Resort Beemster will process your request as soon as possible, at the latest within four weeks.
Fort Resort Beemster takes the protection of your data seriously and takes the necessary precautions to prevent misuse, loss, unauthorised access, unwarranted disclosure and amendment. If you feel your data is not being properly protected or if there are indications of misuse, contact us by e-mail at email@example.com.